Last updated Jul 14, 2017
Here is a list of some of the latest genetics stories making the news.
For a list of published papers follow our Publications link.
- July 2017: First genes that influence muscle strength in humans identified
- June 2017: Insomnia genes found
- May 2017: 67,000 UK Biobank men help with the mystery of the disappearing chromosomes
- May 2017: GSK/Regeneron initiative to develop better treatments, more quickly
- May 2017: GSK/Regeneron exome sequencing Q&A
- April 2017: Study identifies hundreds of genes that influence timing of puberty & alter risk of several cancers
- February 2017: UK Biobank genetics identifies possible new ways to treat high blood pressure
- December 2016: Genetics link sleep disturbance with restless leg syndrome, schizophrenia and obesity
- November 2016: Landmark project shows heart disease & rheumatoid arthritis risk raised by genetic changes in blood cells
- September 2016: Genes influence birth weight and health in later life
- September 2015: UK BiLEVE – Genetic study targets lung disease and smoking behaviour