Last updated May 6, 2017
Yes, we have joined the world of Twitter! We’re tweeting about a range of activities, including the latest approved research, published papers and proposed enhancements. If you are already on Twitter you can follow us by searching Twitter for @UK_Biobank, if you are not, use our guide below to getting started:
- Go online to the Twitter website: http://twitter.com
- Sign up – you will be required to enter your name, email address and choose a password – click sign up to Twitter
- On the next page you can choose your username, which can be your actual name, or a nickname – our username is UK_Biobank
- Check the details are correct and click ‘create account’
- Twitter will send you a confirmation email to verify your email account. You need to click to verify your email address before you can start Tweeting and following people.
Once you have an account on Twitter, use the search function to find us – our username is @UK_Biobank Our logo is our profile picture so you can easily identify the account – click Follow to start reading our updates every time you log into Twitter.
Enjoy your tweeting!