Timelines for data availability
Timelines for data availability
Most recent data releases - February 2022
Available through Showcase fields:
- Antibody Study Data: Data on SARS-CoV-2 antibody status (indicative of previous SARS-CoV-2 infection) obtained from lateral flow tests (LFTs) from 200,000 participants carried out March-June 2021 are now available. Positivity is based on the reading from two positive LFT results. See Category 998 for details.
- Antibody Study Thriva Data: More than 60,000 participants from the SARS-CoV-2 antibody study who had a positive LFT result and had received a vaccine were sent a confirmatory blood sampling kit (Thriva) to test for antibodies to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. See Category 997 for details.
- Updated algorithmically defined outcomes: The algorithmically-derived outcome fields in Category 42 have been updated to account for the latest death and inpatient data. The Data Providers and Dates page gives details of the data coverage dates. Some simplification of the way in which the algorithms operate has taken place, and the source encodings now specify whether the earliest hospital or death diagnosis is in the primary/underlying or secondary position. See Resource 460 for details of the changes made.
- Trabecular Bone Score (TBS) Data: TBS Data generated by Professor Harvey from University of Southampton https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31206530 following the analysis of the DXA body scans undertaken on approximately 30,000 UK Biobank participants. See Category 125 for details.
- Death Data (England, Scotland, & Wales): The Showcase death fields in Category 100093 have been updated to include the data released on the Data Portal in December. See the Data Providers and Dates page for details of the data coverage dates.
- Hospital Inpatient Data (England & Scotland): The Showcase summary inpatient fields in Category 2000 have been updated to include the data released on the Data Portal in December. See the Data Providers and Dates page for details of the data coverage dates.
- Cancer Data (England & Wales): An update to our existing English & Welsh cancer registry data in Category 100092. See the Data Providers and Dates page for details of the data coverage dates.
- First Occurrence fields: Additional mappings have been added to the First Occurrence fields in Category 1712, in particular many related to diabetes. See here for details of the updates made, and Resource 11419 for full details of the mappings used. These fields have also been updated to take account of the most recent death, inpatient & self-report data. See the Data Providers and Dates page for details of the data coverage dates.
- Additional derived measures from OCT scans: retinal measures for 80,000 participants derived from our OCT scans, including thicknesses of several retinal layers at multiple subfields. In addition, we are adding many new additional participants to the derived retinal measures that are currently on Showcase. New quality control fields will also be provided which are associated to these new derived measures to allow researchers to perform bespoke quality control on the data before analysis. Please see Category 100079 for all these new data fields.
- Derived abdominal IDPs (Calico): Derived abdominal organ composition data for 1,000 participants from the abdominal MRI data, supplied by Calico Life Sciences. See Category 158 for details.
- Cardiac and aortic function IDPs: Derived data on cardiac and aortic structure & function for 2,000 participants. See Category 157 for details.
Rolling updates to returned datasets
Updates to datasets returned by researchers are made on an ongoing basis. For a list of available returns, please see the Returns Catalogue.
Coverage of linked health data
For information on the coverage dates for the various types of linked health data, including estimates for censoring dates that would apply to longitudinal studies, see the Data providers and dates page.